Your boiler system works hard to keep your home warm and your water hot. Over time, deposits can build up from rust, debris and other nasties that run through your pipes. A Powerflush is a cleansing process to remove the sludge, maintaining the efficiency of your heating system.
WHY DO I NEED A POWERFLUSH?
Sludge in your system can cause to blockages and corrosion which will impact the efficiency of your boiler. Clearing out the dirt and debris will help to prevent blockages, and potential problems down the line.
Installing a new boiler? You’ll need a powerflush beforehand to avoid contaminating the new boiler with anything lurking in the old pipework.
HOW DO I KNOW I’LL NEED ONE?
There are a number of warning signs that may suggest a powerflush is in order…
- Cold spots on your radiators
- Your radiators are cold but the pipes are still warm
- Noise coming from the boiler or your radiators
- Discoloured water when you bleed the radiators or no water escapes when you try
- Your central heating is slow to get going
- Cloudy tap water
- Some of your radiators struggle to heat up as well as others
- Your boiler regularly shuts down and needs restarting
- Small leaks under your radiators
If any of these issues are bugging you, it might be time for a powerflush.
WHAT WILL IT DO?
A powerflush will ensure your system is working to it’s best…
- Radiators will heat up more quickly and give out more heat
- Any noise coming from your radiators or boiler will be reduced
- Your system will be more energy efficient system
- A more efficient system will be nicer on your energy bills!
- You’ll have higher hot water temperatures
- You’ll increase the life of your heating system by keeping it in top nick
The process involved using a chemical to remove sludge and rust, a descaler to remove limescale and a corrosion inhibitor to help prevent rust from forming in future. High pressure helps to dislodge anything blocking your pipes. We’ll collect any contaminated water, debris or debris that come out and dispose of them for you.
NEED A POWERFLUSH?
Contact our team to discuss… we’ll see you soon.